Sunday, December 13, 2009

Refresher...



We've never been more than 30 minutes away from Cade since he was born so this was definitely thought over hard. Luckily we have people we love and trust him with which makes it a easier. So... on Saturday Jonathan and I took a day trip to Atlanta with our friends, Missy and Justin. Fortunately Justin used to lived there so he was our little tour guide for the day and he did a great job! We left at the wee hour of 8:00 so we could grab breakfast at J. Christophers. I had the gingerbread waffles and they were amazing. It was a fun stop for sure. After that Justin took us around to his old stomping grounds. And then it was on to Lenox Mall... anyone who's ever been there knows how much anticipation had built up in my head and wallet:) Missy and I shopped and shopped and had lattes and shopped some more while the guys headed to Bass Pro Shop and out of our hair. We met back up much later in the day to head over to TWO Urban Licks. Now this place is a must if you are in the Atlanta area for dinner. The food was well worth the dollar and the atmosphere was super nice. I had the scallops over grits and a side of mac n' cheese. Yum! JD ventured out to the duck and turducken sausage. Not my pick but he seemed to love it. We of course had dessert which was a sampling of their cupcakes and brown sugar ice cream. Now that I've made you hungry I'm going to reiterate myself. Go there. It's good. We look forward to lots more food days where we get to eat hot food and talk to grown ups. But I will say this... I was missing my little man by this morning. He was not leaving my sight if I could help it for the rest of the day. I of course did not bring my mammoth camera so these two were from the old trusty cell phone.

1 comments:

Lynda said...

Your cell phone did a great job taking pictures. It does sound like you had a wonderful time. I, too, remember how difficult it was to leave my babies, too even though I loved being alone with my husband.