I woke up the other day and realized that the past 8 months have flown right by me. I was talking to my Meme this morning complaining that everyone else gets to enjoy Cade while I just run circles around him. I watch as people read with him, take him on walks and play and wish I were doing that instead of the laundry. She quite promptly informed me that every mother in this world feels like that and I shouldn't worry. Needless to say that didn't make me feel any better. I've made a mental note to spend a little more time with this sweet boy. The other things can wait. It will be no time at all and he will be holding his lunch box and waving goodbye to mommy.
On a lighter note... these are the things that our baby genius is up to.
He is trying his hardest to crawl. He can get anywhere he wants but it
takes longer than he'd like.
Still no teeth yet but we're praying he's got some in there:)
He is saying "da da" regularly and Jonathan is in heaven. I'm still waiting on mine.
Bye bye and hello are still in his vocabulary and he is waving without prompting, mostly at strangers with dogs.
He is eating finger foods and finally using two fingers instead of man handling it like before. He loves bread and bananas right now. Oh yeah, I started giving him yogurt yesterday and he LOVES it. Thanks Ashley for that little tid bit of info!
He has only woken up once the past 3 nights. Can I get a Hallelujah!? We'll see if it lasts but that's far better than the 3 and 4 times a night for the past 8 months. Momma needs some sleep people!
I think that's all for now. I could babble on forever about his sweet nature and those sneaky little looks he's been giving me. God has truly blessed us with Cade. He has made our little family complete and we couldn't be more thankful.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
all things new...
Posted by Alison at 7:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
YAY for yogurt and for ditching the laundry!!! :)
I am glad the past few nights have been a little easier for ya. I hope it's a pattern that doll baby boy continues.
He may not sleep but he sure is cute! :)
I'm so guilty of spending more time on house details than sitting in the floor playing cars. Why, I don't know. Boys will NEVER remember whether they ate off of clean plates or not, right? And dirty socks are bragging rights on playgrounds across the world. Don't even get me started on rings around the bathtub. Why would boys take baths unless they were really, really dirty anyway??
It's fun to hear the milestones that he's reaching. I look forward to one day when Josh & I have kids.
Is that child always so happy - - - or is it only because he gets to be with you? He is adorable and I LOVE to hear moms talk about how much they enjoy being with their children. Did you not not all mothers feel that way? So sad.
Post a Comment