This weekend we made our way down to Alpine, AL for some much needed time together. Ever since I went back to work I feel like a drive-thru family... can I take your order, do you have clean clothes, does Cade need to be fed, time for bed. I was promised a relaxing weekend and that's what I got. Cade and I spent a lot of time outside in the fresh air. Jonathan and Prentice spent their time hunting quail and shooting sporting clay. Every meal was prepared for us in the little country house where we stayed and dressing up was not required. That meant no makeup and air dried hair for me and a partial beard for Jonathan. This was Jonathan's first bird hunt and he did a great job. Paige stayed with Cade one morning so I could "experience" a hunt. I stayed directly behind the guide with the big orange vest. I figured he knew how to keep from being shot. It was actually a lot of fun watching them. This sport is not for the lazy. I think we walked 4 miles in waist high grass. We have a freezer full of quail... I'm going to have to google a good recipe for it all:) I took a shot a sporting clay and just about fell on my behind. I think I'll stick with shooting pictures! Here are just a few of them.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hahahaha! This entry is great! What an awesome trip. Glad you had some much needed R&R and time with your Boys.
That looks like so much fun! Glad you were able to get away!
Tell Jonathan that I am so jealous. It looks like you guys had fun, but I am disappointed that you gave up on the skeet shooting so quickly. :) Ben
Post a Comment