Yesterday my grandmother passed away. We called her Memama. Which is a strange name, I know. She had been sick for a long time and was ready to go but that doesn't always mean we are ready. I've spent the past couple of years looking at her in the present tense. This morning I took time to remember her the way I loved her. She always treated me like I was someone special. She allowed me to be me. It was always an adventure with her. I looked forward to the weeks I could spend with her in the summer. She would take me around to all her old lady friends to show me off. They would say I looked just like her and I was just fine with that. Now all of this is not to say there was the occasional discipline. I will never look at a fly swatter as a fly swatter. It was a bare leg swatter and if you really had it coming it was a bare wet leg at the pool in front of everyone you knew and didn't know swatter. I will miss the person she was because I loved her.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am VERY sorry for your loss, Alison! I know you will miss her very much. I am happy she got to see your precious little one before leaving this world for a much better one. I'll be praying for your family.
I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother and your granfather in the post below. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
I am very sorry for your loss. Memories are so precious at times like these. Praying for you.
Post a Comment