
I never knew you could learn so much from someone who said so little. Last Monday I lost my Poppy. The pain was something that I can't describe. All I could do was get down to my Meme as quickly as possible. He was an influence in my life that I needed desperately. I learned so many practical things from him but most importantly I learned how to love. He loved the Lord with a passion deep inside his heart. I think that's why it kept beating for so long. He loved his wife more than he could express with words. They were an example of what love is. He loved his kids and grandkids. We all had a way of making that crooked grin come out. Most of the time it didn't show until we turned our backs, but we knew it was there. When you lose someone you love it's hard to imagine going on with life without them. You wonder if that lump in your throat will ever leave or those fast approaching tears every time you hear Amazing Grace will ever stop. There will always be a void in my life, for the rest of my life. It's good to know that someday that void will be full again.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Silent Teacher
Posted by Alison at 11:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment